Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech
[email protected] Theporkygeorge@aol.com is offline

Default Vinyl to CD on a PC

Don Pearce wrote:
On 25 Oct 2006 12:49:38 -0700, wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
On 25 Oct 2006 12:23:30 -0700,
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:15:16 +0100, Eiron wrote:

wrote:

Have you ever heard a SOTA LP on SOTA playback gear?

Can you give any examples of SOTA LPs?

Unfortunately they are pretty much all SOTA. :-(

Why on earth are you chiming in on this subject. Didn't you make a big
enough fool of yourself last time you talked about this subject?

You're thinking of that Scott bloke

No. you were the fool who insisted that all LPs were mastered with
summed bass and HF roll off. Are you back to make some more ridiculous
claims?

Scott

I know how LPs are mastered

BAHAHAHA HAHAHA yeah right.

- I've done it myself.

Oh, perhaps you could tell us what titles you mastered so we can
evaluate your work?

Summing bass and
rolling off HF are just two of the things that are often done to LPs

How often? Wasn't that long ago you were insisting it was done on
*every LP ever made.* What tune are you singing now on the subject?

in order to produce playable vinyl. Obviously when there is
insufficient energy in either of these two regions to warrant it, it
won't be done. Didn't you know that?

Didn't you when you were claiming that every LP had this done to them?
Funny you would try to be so smug about something you just recently
learned.

On the other hand, neither of these is ever required for a CD. They
will accept full dynamic range in stereo over their entire frequency
range. Didn't you know that either, Scott?

Of course I knew that CDs don't require summed bass, rolled off HF or
compression to be properly mastered. It has it's own unique
requirements for best results. Bet you didn't know that.

Scott