Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

Default Vinyl to CD on a PC

wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Glenn Richards wrote:

Unless they otherwise unobtainium, the novelty of LP-CD transfers will wear
off after approx 3 LPs. Especially if you subsequently hear a real CD of
the album.

That is true if one of the following circumstances exist.
1. Your TT gear sucks
2. You are near deaf
3. You are so consumed by anti analog biases that it takes over your
judgement.

Scott

Scott, I disagree:

1) My TT gear definitely does not suck (EMT 948 and AEG TRS9000)
2) I am not near deaf
3) I enjoy playing vinyl

But: the quality of my CDs generally (with one or two exceptions out of
many hundred of CDs)is better than all my vinyl. Even when I have the
same recording on CD and vinyl, I enjoy the CD more. Quieter, less
distortion, no pops.

If you don't find the same, then that's your opinion and privilege to
hold such opinion, but it is far from universal.

S.