Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
Chris Siz Chris Siz is offline

Default OK to use TV coax for microphone?

On Sat 03 May 2008 15:54:24, wrote:

On May 3, 4:58 am, Chris Siz wrote:
I am in the UK and have a 10m length of some cheap TV aerial
coax. It came from a discount store as a TV coax extension
cable. I measure the cable diameter as 4.8mm.

(1) Is it ok to use this sort of coax for a microphone? I don't
want an impaired audio signal. The length I need to use is 3 to
4 metres.

(2) Is it ok for UHF TV or is it actually quite low grade coax
and prone to interference or mess up the aerial signal?

--

[x-posted to 3 relevant groups]

Isn't coax kind of rigid? Will the microphone need to move around?

This cheapo coax is quite flexible. It may an indication of poor
physical resistance to squashing and also of limited copper content.