Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design

Default OK to use TV coax for microphone?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

However, much of the RG-6/u cable is "satellite grade", which means it
should work to about 2GHz with minimal loss. I've been using the quad
shielded variety (apparently with a CCS center conductor) for years
for Wi-Fi at 2.4GHz with about 10dB/100ft attenuation (measured). The
loss is in the dielectric, not in the center conductor cladding. I
would say that it works just fine at UHF (300-3000MHz).

I was talking about higher losses in a copper braided shield, VS foil
& steel braid. I used to test & specify all the passivies for a major
MSO CATV company.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell