Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Do Old Bose 901 II's Need an Equalizer, Or Can't We just Turn Up Our Receiver's Bass and Treble

"GregS" wrote in message

In article
.com,
Tom wrote:

I want to use these speakers in the home I am building,
more specifcally in the great room (30'L x 20'w x 12'
h.) They were such an icon in my youth. I am not going
to mod the boxes; I will try the EQ, and will thoroughly
tes repositioning them. However, in looking at the EQ
II,s pics it would appear to control the audio curve
just as do ordinary bass and treble controls on my
receiver; why can't I use the latter and forget the
questionably-functioning 30-yr EQ I'll end up with?

I think they sound best in small rooms, and the closer
you are to the speaker, the better they sound.

IOW, more direct sound, less reflected sound...