Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: What�s the Difference?

On 20/08/2017 16:41, Rick Ruskin wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 12:26:06 +1200, geoff
wrote:

On 20/08/2017 6:12 AM, Neil wrote:

Cool Edit was a single-file editor only, no multi-track features.

Which is why I differentiated between them by underlining "Pro".

That's not the difference between 'pro' and 'not'. It's just different
things, like a truck and a van.

geoff

Cool Edit most definitely did have a multitrack feature.

The version (Cool Edit 96) I had and which is still lurking on a CD
somewhere, could record and process stereo.

The upgrade to Cool Edit Pro gave the opportunity to record and edit
multiple stereo tracks, but effects could only be applied in the stereo
"edit" window, not the multitrack one, which was limited to automating
levels and balance.

Cool Ed
--
Tciao for Now!