Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Detecting Audio Distortion, The Human Way

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 5:36:31 PM UTC-4, Geoff wrote:
On 27/06/2017 11:32 PM, wrote:
Honey, change the radio station, I think WKMA ceased broadcasting...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...losegirl-o.mp3

Change it to WBOM, with their slogan, We're Bold On Music!!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...losegirl-b.mp3

Bootleg compilation :-)

On a serious note, this sounds nice, mainly (64%) clean Mono. Wish
Ringo didn't change what he doing, fouled the recording a bit. Key
point, listening with headphones, sounds nice when backing vocals
start. However, listening to it with -34 DB earplugs and headphones,
I start hearing backing vocal distortion at points. Possible way to
detect distortion?...

A good way to detect distortion is 'common sense'.

Um -34dB earplugs and headphones ?!!! Headphones are probably being
overdriven in order to hear the music. Or the headphone amp.

No, far from being THAT loud. My theory, just like Stereo masking, as I call it, one sound is masking another. The earplugs block what frequencies are masking the distortion. I noticed this once before, but not as much. Please try, I'll even send earplugs, list at moderate volume.

Thanks, G'!

Jack

geoff