Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Detecting Audio Distortion, The Human Way

On 27/06/2017 11:32 PM, wrote:
Honey, change the radio station, I think WKMA ceased broadcasting...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...losegirl-o.mp3

Change it to WBOM, with their slogan, We're Bold On Music!!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...losegirl-b.mp3

Bootleg compilation :-)

On a serious note, this sounds nice, mainly (64%) clean Mono. Wish
Ringo didn't change what he doing, fouled the recording a bit. Key
point, listening with headphones, sounds nice when backing vocals
start. However, listening to it with -34 DB earplugs and headphones,
I start hearing backing vocal distortion at points. Possible way to
detect distortion?...

A good way to detect distortion is 'common sense'.

Um -34dB earplugs and headphones ?!!! Headphones are probably being
overdriven in order to hear the music. Or the headphone amp.

geoff