Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Sound quality in cheap mixers sure is better than it used to be, but
ruggedness is not. On the other hand, when you consider how the
pound has risen, those MM mixers probably cost more than a mid-grade
console today.

I had a 12 channel MM, traded it in for an Audire 2 x 120 watts poweramp
when it had problems on the first show it was to be used as monitormixer on
since it was available. So that is the price range of it. By then I had
modified it and added input attenuation and phase reverse switches. That
after noticing on the first recording made with it that sound got notably
cleaner after having switched all inputs to the setting "line".

The power amp was also RF unstable, blew the right channel - smoke escaped -
within 6 months, importer repaired it and blew it again a couple of years
ago. Currently it does door stop duty, can't decide on scrapping it since it
actually is one of the very best amps in the bass range I have ever heard.

--scott

Kind regards

Peter Larsen