ScottW

Default Off topic

"David F. Rogers" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the response, Scott. I've looked over their fascinating
material, but then reality set in. My listening room is set up about
the only way it can be set up and still accommodate the other things
it has to accommodate. Wife acceptance factor and the reality of
cramming your life into a house you can afford (and still buy vinyl)
steer many of us toward making the most of what we have instead of
seeking perfection. Luckily, it's not half bad and I find a little
trick every now and then that makes it better.

I have a pair of Quad ESL 63's in decent sized room that does allow
for some options as well as a HSU VTF-2 sub. I'm also getting back
into my vinyl and adding some nice albums.
I see a huge box that came from Classic records under the tree.
Anyway, I've been contemplating downloading the demo and dragging
my PC upstairs and see what it shows. Won't cost more than time and cables.

I was also considering adding some treatments on the front wall. There are
a few
affordable options but then ETF puts the kabosh on the idea with the
statement that 6" thick foam is required. That would be a bit pricey.

I have a little time over the holidays and my first project is adding a
door
(there isn't one now). A nice 1 3/4" solid core door. Weighs a ton but
it should help block the house sound. Now if I can just get them to move
the freeway .

ScottW