Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Cheap preamp for video calls?

Why is it that 'normal' people don't need to jump through such hoops
for Zoom sessions ? Are you (Tobiah) trying to do something musical
or otherwise hi-fi-ish ? Or just want to sound as good as you can ?

It's just that my NT1-A's sit at my right side when I'm at the
computer already, so that's what I use when I'm on Windows. They
are already working with the computer and already on mic stands. Also, it's important
to use the same interface for mic and speaker when Zooming so that
it can do its echo cancellation thing properly. The R0de's are
already plugged into my main output interface. So Windows is set.

So, when using Linux, (my job environment) I'd like to use the same mics, but the
interface that I have that works with Linux has no preamps.

All that said, I love to imagine that my audio quality will somehow reach the
clients that I Zoom with. A dream I suppose, given the barriers between us.
I at least want to keep the noise that *I* introduce to a minimum.

Tobiah