Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default 1st Project Lessons Learned--So Far

"Don Pearce" skrev i en meddelelse

I've taken the spectra for a bunch of pieces, and they all follow a
trend - about 30dB down at 10kHz compared to 100Hz.

http://www.soundthoughts.co.uk/look/spectro.htm

I need to think about what this means. I suspect the devil is in the
detail - local deviations from the straight line.

You need to look at natural sound sources, one such I included was a couple
of sound effects sampler cd's from trade shows. Factors that are kinda
obvious are dispersion of sound from large objects and mass damping, both
should cause hf radiated energy to drop off in my view of the world. You're
probably the one that knows the math ...

What Aranjuez is is, it is obviously peculiar, fascinating!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen