Daniel Snooks

Default honda civic 94 speaker problem

Paul Vina wrote
It was probably done that way on purpose. Every car I've ever done has
needed to have at least 1 speaker wired out of phase electrically to be in
phase acoustically.

I wish that were so in my case Paul. The speaker appears to have been wired
in phase electrically, and was out of phase acoustically. When I installed
the aftermarket deck, I used a metra wiring harness and swapped the speakers
leads on that speaker, problem solved. Now I need to convince the wife to
let me buy a nice set of components for the doors, and another amp to run
them :-)

Why do you suppose the speakers need to be wired out of phase to sound
right? Speaker placement?
Thanks for the info, I never knew that.

--
Regards,