james w

Default honda civic 94 speaker problem

Your new speakers probably need more power.

"gavincha" wrote in message
om...
thanks for that.

finally put the 6x9s in and..........no difference. friend of mine
recently added a a pair of ubl speakers to his rear panel, and the
bass is impressive - without any amp.
they only cost about $80/90 - same as my 6x9s - so whats the
difference? if they are woofers - surely they need an amp? they're
only 7" in size.

the speakers i have seem to just top out when given any volume at all.

surely the sony speakers i've bought are better quality than factory
installed ones?
i'd settle for factory sound at this stage - i presumed buying
seperates would make the sound better rather than worse. i'm losing
the plot at the moment!

i really can't afford the amp and woofer right now..........

I would say in your case it probably has to do with efficiency. The

factory
speakers are designed to be very efficient because the stock deck

doesn't
put out much power. If you are using aftermarket speakers, but trying to

run
them from a deck, you may not have enough power available to get a

balanced
sound from them (lots of highs, little bit of mid, but nothing low).

If you can afford it, you will probably be much happier with a 4 channel

amp
(2 channels run the front speakers, the other 2 bridge and run a sub)

and
put a cap on the rear speakers running off the deck to use them for rear
fill.