Posted to rec.music.gdead,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default 24-bit on tap at Apple?

"Sergey Kubushyn" wrote in message
Which of course has absolutely *nothing* to do with the pro's and cons of
vinyl Vs CD, only the mastering choices.

The problem is people don't listen to CD or Vinyl. It is _music_ they
listen
to. All the wonderful technical parameters don't make music any better.

Right, or necessarily any worse.

Sure, CD looks better on paper. But it is already rule of thumb that
almost
everything that goes on CD is of inferior quality

An opinion you get to have, but there is very little to actually compare,
let alone arrive at such a sweeping conclusion. Of course "almost everything
that goes on CD" never even makes it to vinyl these days!

while those who make LPs
take great care to do the best job possible to overcome media
shortcomings.
That makes the resulting _music_ from LP beating CD by a huge margin
despite
CD being better media on paper.

Once again you forget to add "In your opinion", and neglect to mention that
only a MINISCULE amount of music being made these days is available on vinyl
in any case! I would certainly hope that the tiny percentage that does make
it to vinyl is more carefully produced/manufactured than what it was in days
gone by, especially considering the huge price premium now being asked.

Just try to listen to e.g. Bob Marley "Uprising" on a CD. It is a worst
nightmare I ever heard. That is why I have all his records on LPs. CDs
don't
even come close to those. But they are better on paper, yes.

Right, and any differences are simply production/marketing choices or
compromises. Vinyl certainly requires far more of the latter!
One can easily copy a vinyl record to CD without any loss of quality. The
reverse is simply impossible.
And CD's/SACD's/DVDA's aimed at the audiophile ( and audiophool) market are
still far more numerous than new vinyl releases, despite being a tiny
percentage of the market.

Trevor.