Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] a7yvm109gf5d1@netzero.com is offline

Default OK to use TV coax for microphone?

On May 3, 4:58 am, Chris Siz wrote:
I am in the UK and have a 10m length of some cheap TV aerial coax. It
came from a discount store as a TV coax extension cable. I measure the
cable diameter as 4.8mm.

(1) Is it ok to use this sort of coax for a microphone? I don't want
an impaired audio signal. The length I need to use is 3 to 4 metres.

(2) Is it ok for UHF TV or is it actually quite low grade coax and
prone to interference or mess up the aerial signal?

--

[x-posted to 3 relevant groups]

Isn't coax kind of rigid? Will the microphone need to move around?