S888Wheel

Default Steely Dan The Absolute Sound

From: "Bob Marcus"
Date: 7/14/2004 8:30 AM Pacific Standard Time

B&D wrote:

On 7/13/04 6:45 PM, in article
, "John
Atkinson" wrote:

Please note that I am not defending this amplifier's performance.
I am only pointing out that those on this forum who condemn its
sound without actually having heard it are shooting in the dark.

And herein lies the problem - people on this group are quick to condemn
based upon a data sheet rather than trying it out.

Some of us have heard highly distorting systems with massive bass humps
before. We don't need to listen to another one to know we won't like it.

bob

Let me get this straight, you can look at the the measurements of the WAVAC and
from those measurements you can determine with a reasonable level of certainty
that you have heard a *system* that sounded so similar to the *system* MF
reported on in his review that you wouldn't require an audition to form an
opinion on it's sonic merits?