TonyP

Agent_C wrote:
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:28:51 -0600, kituyjkm fchg wrote:

It would be refreshing to see a few of the wealthier high-end audio
companies get together and place a series of "educational" ads to
teach their more gullible customers about what can and can't possibly
have any effect on anything but their wallets.

Never happen... They'd be alienating their dealers.

The "hocus pocus" of hi-end is truly amazing. I am not of the "all amps
and wire sound the same" group, but there is a lot of hyperbole in this
stuff. A well engineered piece is exactly that. I remember the VPI
Bricks. I own their turntable (truly a great piece of simple
engineering). Buy these 8lb wood encased laminated steel things, place
them over your transformers and it "absorbed" stray magnetic fields.
They were good for chasis 'dampening' at most. They made tremendous door
stops, dumb bells, book ends, etc.. They did look nice on the equipment.
But, I didn't hear any difference. None. And my system was not a mid-fi
one either. The same with Tweek and Cramolin. Never heard any difference
with use. As long as the connections on the pre/power amp were clean, it
all sounded the same to me.
I have heard differences in speaker cables though. Something in those
MIT boxes.....