Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Gareth Magennis

Default Fender "The Twin" Power resistor values?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Gareth Magennis"

Found the problem - the reverb tray input coil (8 ohm) was shorted.

** Bull****.

It normally measures less than 1 ohm on a DC meter.

The 2K7 resistor supplies the reverb transformer primary via the 12AT7
driver, which I have now replaced.

** Yawn......

Now just waiting for another tray.

** Why ?????????????????????????????

Reverb tank drive coils NEVER fail short.

YOU are a ASININE PITA ****WIT !!!!!

........... Phil

Phil, when you have knowledge that can correct other peoples mistakes, why
do you let yourself get so angry about it? Nobody likes that behaviour and
it doesn't do you any good in the long run either. Despite some of your
unforgivable behaviour, some people, inclucing me, have respect for your
knowledge and the occasional glimpses of you trying to help people with it.
Nobody respects you when you use your experience to arrogantly and
childishly attack others, and your attempts at racism do not belong anywhere
on the internet.

As usual, you are right, I measured the 8 ohm coil at about 0.8 ohms and
assumed it was damaged. You could have stepped in and pointed out my error
in a civilised manner but regretfully chose not to. But no matter, I have
learned something new, which IMO is what usenet is all about, and I have
told you before that I don't find your attempted insults insulting in the
least, just really rather bizarre and illogical behaviour, so ranting any
more just isn't going to do it for you I'm afraid.

I'll put my money on the 12AT7 going faulty then. I did measure a partial
short to chassis with it plugged in and powered down, and assumed the
shorted coil had killed it, or some combination of the two had occurred.

Gareth.

Gareth.