George Middius

paul packer said:

Sure about that? You mean if you just spent 10,000 on an amp and a
mag told you it was crap, and backed that conclusion up with figures,
and insisted that all the reviewers on the mag were in agreement that
it was total feces and sounded nothing like music...you mean that
wouldn't have the slightest effect on your post-purchase pleasure?

That wouldn't have any effect on my enjoyment of the music.

You must be very strong minded, George. I'd feel a sour taste in my
mouth, and that would interfere with my enjoyment of the music.

My BS detector is beeping here.

I might go to
have my ears checked just in case.

Nup. Your bad choice was most likely caused by being overly influenced
by the salesman, not using known recordings, or poor listening
conditions. I'd just curse for a while.

Those would be beginner mistakes. Thanks Mr. Packrat for admitting you're a babe
in the audio woods, LOt"S!

The real problem that would cause is that if I decided to sell the amp
later on, the bad reviews might sink its resale value.

Good practical point. That would be the first thing I'd think of after
I'd finished cursing. Then I'd curse some more.

You could always write an irate letter to the editor demanding they hire an
independent reviewer to do a follow-up. I think Ferstler might be available....