Bruce Abrams

Default Seeing/hearing and sighted/blind tests

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
*snip*
How can my 'beliefs' affect my judgement, when I had no 'beliefs' to
start with?!

Why do you continue to profess no beliefs when it is clear that you have an
extremely strong belief that amps sound different? It's not about which you
think you'll prefer, simply that you believe you will have a preference.

I listened with Stax electrostatic earspeakers connected directly to
the power amps. Perhaps your system is not as critical.

But DON'T tell me I cannot hear differences between amps this way.
Hellen Keller could hear them!

No one would presuppose to tell you what you did and didn't hear if you
simply allowed for the possibility that what you thought you heard might
have been influenced by what you thought, namely that you expected the amps
to sound different. In fact, if you were able to tell the difference
between any two of the amps in question without knowing which was playing,
you'd be quite a hero.