DJ TecThreat

Default power wire questions

i dont know how you can call your self "TWEVOLTMAN" (12 volt man) and you
have very little idea what you're talking about..

8 guage is ok for small amps/crossovers/eqs/etc... for larger amps and more
things you will need to step in guage.

There is no "hype" you WILL need large sized wire if you are running decent
brand powerful amps.

if you're system is working fine and you dont see any problems than you will
not need to upgrade the wire size.

Blowing fuses has nothing to do with it... the wire size generally wont make
a difference on blowing fuses unless ofcourse you are over heating the wire
and fuse in which case- you're a dumb ass for not getting right size from
the start.

While running my system at half volume which is peak listening volume the
amps are 157.. i have 2 150 amp alernators and a very large battery.

40 amps is NOT alot of power for DC.. you have no idea what you're talking
about. 15 amps is alot of power for AC, yes.. becuase if you look at the
size of the power wires coming off you're reciever, its probly only 18-16
guage wire to power that thing. if you look at an amp in a car you are
looking at 8-4-2 guage wire..

i run 2 guage wire to my amps.. which will soon become 0 guage becuase i'm
upgrading my front stage amp.

Sorry if this sounds rude but.. there is no reason to say that large wire is
a "hype" becuase its not...
Serious systems need serious power..

DJ TecThreat

"TWEVOLTMAN" wrote in message
with all the hype about large guage power wire i have a few questions.

tell me why i would need heavy guage power wire

tell me why i should switch from 8 guage to 4 guage

if i'm not blowing 40a fuses then in reality the 4 would be a waste, right

how many have really checked the amps while running your system

40 amps is alot of power, my home theatre is only on a 15 amp breaker.

just some good answers would help