Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anything you think was consistently done better in the past inthe pro/commercial recording world than how it's done today?

On 8/30/2020 3:07 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
Ah, the "reds under the bed" mob. That was a dark period in US history
that still lingers in the oath of allegiance. Time the real version
was restored.

I was a teen-ager during the McCarthy era. My parents were reluctant to
let me go to folk music gatherings in town because they were afraid that
there were communists there who would be a bad influence.

Pete Seeger (his brother Mike was a regular at those gatherings) would
occasionally drop by when he was in town. He was among those
investigated and banned. You can't get any better than that when it
comes to "music from the people."