Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
And where is the SoundField module?

And to drive home my point... A SoundField configuration lets you
synthesize a pair of mics with /any/ pattern, pointing in /any/
direction, with /any/ angular separation. It's the Swiss Army Knife
of miking.
Marc is probably right about the noisy electronics, etc.

Well, the remark does bother me, but I have a Tascam DR-07, a Zoom
R16, a Zoom H2n, and even a little digital voice recorder that have
no problem in this area. I am confident that they know how to build a
quality product and from the care taken in the design of its
functions I don't see why they wouldn't.

I had a Zoom R16 for half an hour, that was the time it took to determine
that it would go back to the shop. It's a toy. Perhaps you should look into
an Oade modified R44.

Gary Eickmeier

Kind regards

Peter Larsen