Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Gary Eickmeier wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
Best-sounding? Unlikely.

And where is the SoundField module?

Six simultaneous channel input! Use whatever mikes you want!
Portable! Flexible!

Mike preamps jammed into a tiny box with noisy digital electronics.
Tiny controls with multiple menus to do even the simplest of
operations.

Clever.... these guys seem to have thought of everything as far as
our needs. Did you note the simultaneous -12 dB track just in case
you went overboard on the gain? Like, brilliant.

I think you need to try using some professional equipment and get
some idea of just what is out there and what is possible. Not that
you can't make good recordings with cheap gear, but it's a lot more
work. --scott

Well, Shure, but I am not you and doing it for a living - yet - and from my
photography experience you can come pretty close to the best pro standards
with some amateur equipment. I need to stay portable, battery powered, and
flexible and out of the way at these concerts Will let you know in about a
week how it sounds!

Gary