MZ

Hello. I am a first time poster and I need to know if any of you Audio
Gurus can help me.
I have separates installed in my car. I know that they are the MB Quart
component speakers. I don't know what the woofer/mid range 6-6.5 inch
speaker is but I do know the tweeter is the QM 19 HC. They sound great
but finally the crossover gave way. The right side is out with only the
midrange speaker working. I need to either get a new set of speakers
for the car with the same sound quality or I need to replace the
crossover. First if someone can tell me what would be a good
replacement for the crossover and then some suggestions for some
comparable speakers for replacement would be great. Thanks in advance.
BTW- the speakers were in the car when I got it and the owner told me
that the speakers were purchased as a set so they werent mixed and
matched.

Crossovers are relatively simple inside and the components are large. I
suggest you save yourself a few bucks (and the headache of installing an
entirely different speaker set) and just open it up to see if there's
anything noticably wrong - like a wire that has come loose, or a component
that might look fried. Once you've got it opened up, we can further assist
you with any questions you may have once you're in there.

By the way, I'm assuming you've already checked the wiring and tested the
tweeter itself.