Mike Rivers

Default here are some preamp comparison results

In article writes:

As an old-time audio guy, I'm not quite sure what you mean by
"grainy". Can you please explain? Thanks!

If you like a kind of brittle and strident high end (some people
describe this as "cuts through the mix like a knife") then you don't
call it "grainy." If it sounds brittle and strident to you, then you
call it "grainy."

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )