Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Low Frequency Mains Noise

Ian Bell wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Ian Bell wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Ian Bell wrote:

Since there are untold preamp designs with unregulated
supplies
Bad preamps you mean ?
You tell me. I have the schematics for many broadcast consoles and
professional music mixers from the 50s that use unregulated supplies.

'Professional' has moved on a bit in 50+ years.

Has it really?

Beyond belief ! You're likely to find more Cat5 patch leads in a modern studio
than good old fashioned GPO / bantam patch leads.

Plus tape recorders (if present) usually sit around gathering dust. I know a
studio that has FIVE Studer 24 track A800s and they're almost never used. They
also have one of these.
http://www.ams-neve.com/Products/Mus...88RS/88RS.aspx

I doubt you'd find much of this in the 50s !
http://www.ams-neve.com/Home/Home.aspx

This was state of the art in the 60s !
http://vintageking.com/Shop-Used-Cat...I-Console-used

Graham