Rich Andrews

Default "Jupiter-Audio" on Audiogon CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in news:3f8f2240_1@
127.0.0.1:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message
. 44...
Langis wrote in
news
Rich Andrews wrote:

Greg Singh (aka- Trotsky) is peddling his Madisound designed

speakers
on Audiogon. The little sleaze is using Audiogon feedback left by
buyers of other stuff he has sold on Audiogon to give the

impression
that someone has actually purchased these overpriced, overhyped,
under-engineered cheeseboxes. He also claims they are worth

$1600!!!!
Of course, he doesn't say that it costs him much less than $300

(parts
and "labor") to make these things. Nor does he mention the

extensive,
ten-day R&D period. I suggest everyone do a Google search on

"Jupiter
Audio" to get the real truth behind this sleazy operation!

While it certainly isn't ethical to sell something to someone at
overinflated prices, it is legal to a point. Where people usually

end
up
in trouble is product liability, warranty, and a host of other well
defined legal issues. Things can get quite ugly if someone incurs a

loss
that was directly or even indirectly related to the product sold.
Manufacturing an item has a number of issues associated with it and
certain laws do not apply to kits which is why they are sold as kits.

It
isn't so much about money. Now if he claims to have a MSRP of

$1600.00,
he will have to have proof that the MSRP is $1600.00 else face the
consequences. Many a person has gone to jail for making claims about

product that could not be proven or were fictional. One could say

that
he
is not manufacturing something, but the truth of the matter is,

according
to law, he is.

If the negative claims about Jupiter Audio are true, then I suspect

he
may
be in business for a while depending on who he sells his products to.
**** off the wrong guy, and Vito will break his legs. As a matter of
fact, knowing how things work in the Chicago area, he may wish

ultimately
that his name was Bartman. Less painful.

I hope for his sake that he does not sell a speaker that catches fire

and
kills someone. His next email address would most likely be part of

the
Illinois Department of Corrections domain.

Ever heard of Commercial Idemnity Insurance, dickhead?

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Every hear of something called a Criminal Indictment? All the

insurance
in the world will not protect you from that. I cannot say with 100%
certainty, but I believe that if the unfortunate incident occurs in
another state, then any alleged crime would become a federal issue.

Rest
assured that if someone is indicted at the Federal level, the chances

of
getting off are in the single digit percentage category.

There have yet to be any criminal ndictments of Ford executives

regarding
explosions fo Ford vehicles.
You are way off base here.
The following announcement is required by the
Consumer Product Safety Commision: "Further insistence on your erroneous
point will subject you to being labelled as an idiot."

Let's just assume for a minute that I am wrong, that no one will bring a
criminal indictment against someone for negligent homicide. What about a
civil suit claiming wrongful death? Not even OJ could skirt that one.

Even if no wrongful death suit or indictment is ever filed, do you want to
know that you are responsible for even a single avoidable death? To know
that the addition of a $0.10 fuse or by using non flammable damping
material could have saved a life?

No thanks. I don't want the results of that decision haunting me. Label
me an idiot and bury your head in the sand if you wish. I don't care.

PS Welcome to my killfile