Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,rec.audio.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen   Holder is offline

Default Typical first pass tutorial process on Windows 10 where NONE of the extent how to articles actually tell you what you really need to do!

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 15:01:46 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

I will take a look at the diagrams, but wanted you to have them also.

Notice the "Node ID 2D"
o 2D, Stereo Mix-Down, Audio mixer, Mixes the stereo L/R channels to drive MONO_OUT

But before I look, can you explain _why_ you picked _this_ particular chip?

Hi Paul,

In summary, can you point to the chip you think is that 48-pin ADI chip?
o https://support.hp.com/doc-images/194/c02431965.jpg

I'm not sure my motherboard even _has_ that specific ADI chip.
o But my motherboard does have three 48-pin square chips (two in the back).

My old tired eyes can't "read" the writing on the 48-pin chips on the MB.
o Nor does a photo from my cellphone show the writing clear enough to read

Nor can I find an owners manual for my motherboard
o HP system name = NY549AA-ABA p6230y Aloe
o Manufacturers name = Foxconn H-RS880-uATX 1.01

I'm "assuming" you're assuming I have that 48-pin ADI chip on the
motherboard, where here's all I can find (so far) for a manual:

How to find a diagram of your motherboard
o Win+R msinfo32
System Model: NY549AA-ABA p6230y
BaseBoard Manufacturer: FOXCONN
BaseBoard Product: ALOE
BaseBoard Version: 1.01
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor, 2600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4
Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 5.02, 8/31/2009

Google results:
o Motherboard
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01925486
https://support.hp.com/doc-images/194/c02431965.jpg
HP/Compaq name = Aloe
Foxconn name = H-RS880-uATX 1.01
o BIOS https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01997718/
o Manuals https://www.manualslib.com/brand/foxconn/motherboard.html
o This says no user manual exists:
https://digitalballs.weebly.com/h-rs880-uatx-manual.html
https://digitalballs.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/4/8/124848319/603470659.jpg
o Specs https://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/HP/HP_H-RS880-uATX_(Aloe)/1404
o Benchmark https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/185041
o MobileSpecs
https://mobilespecs.net/motherboard/Foxconn/Foxconn_N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX.html
o GAME
https://www.game-debate.com/motherboard/index.php?mot_id=1404&motherboard=HP%20H-RS880-uATX%20(Aloe)
o Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/HP-Aloe-537376-001-H-RS880-uATX-Motherboard/dp/B00TUXP846
o Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/HP-HPE-555KR-H-RS880-UATX-AloeMotherboard-537376-001/dp/B005UF07ZI

--
Probably we should author a tutorial on how to find a motherboard manual.