Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default MP3 Encoder

Trevor wrote: ...
OK I have heard that LAME is the best MP3 encoder out there and if you use
192 or 256 Kbps rates you will get the best sound from an MP3.

The person who told you that has never heard of 320kbs MP3 then? "

And this raises the issue I brought up a couple years ago: That many of my mp3s encoded at 128kb sounded better than those at 160, BUT - inferior to those encoded at 192 or higher bitrates.

I suspect that many of my 128kbs were encoded pure Fraunhofer, and the 160kbs or up were encoded with WHO KNOWS WHAT?! lol!