Posted to rec.audio.pro
Shaun Shaun is offline

Default MP3 Encoder

"Trevor" wrote in message ...

"Shaun" wrote in message
OK I have heard that LAME is the best MP3 encoder out there and if you use
192 or 256 Kbps rates you will get the best sound from an MP3.

The person who told you that has never heard of 320kbs MP3 then?

IF you use a lossless compression codec such as FLAC your saved music will
sound much better at playback, but it will take up more room on the
harddrive.

Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious!

Trevor.

I have read in the past that using a 320Kbps MP3 does not improve the sound
any more that bitrates of 192Kbps or 256Kbps, They claim it was a waste of
extra space. That was a few years ago and the source of this info was not
known but I have read this from several different websites, that is why I
didn't mention 320Kbps.
If someone is trying to get the best sound, it would make sense to switch to
a lossless codec to start with.

Shaun