Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ted Thomas Ted Thomas is offline

Default Onkyo Sub shuts down

I have started looking into the availablity of parts and new board. I hold
an extra class ham license and have built some kits in the past. I can use a
soldering iron. I have just enough knowledge to really screw it up

Today found if I turn the crossover knob clockwise until it stops and then
apply pressure it starts working. I am not sure if it is the variable
capacitor or more serous like I am chasing the correct frequency on a bad
board.

"Ted" wrote in message
et...
I bought a Onkyo SK10W sub on Ebay (yep first mistake) and hooked it to

my
Onkyo TX-SR303. After it is plugged into AC for about two minutes it stops
amplifying. If I unplug and try it again it works another two minutes. I
switched to another subwoofer using the same wire and it worked fine. I
tweaked the crossover with no effect. Am I looking at a new amp board? I
have $63 in it as it sets. Fix or cut my losses?

Thank in advance