Bob Cain

Default Small vs. large diaphragm condenser mikes for recording grand pianoat home

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

Would anybody in the group be interested in a mic pre-preamp project?
Something that could run off phantom power and fit into an XLR
shell is easy to do; two JFETs and a few resistors.

I'm surprised that there aren't somesuch available commercially.
Or are there?

But I could easily describe how to do it, for anyone who can solder.

Does the bear **** in the woods? :-)

Go for it. Can you give it 20 dB of variable gain and about
-140 dBu EIN?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein