Pug Fugley

Default Soldering speaker leads???

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
its pretty easy to melt the wires off the terminals
as you solder your wires on...

The wires can just simply be resoldered.

Maybe since when you solder they cant resell as
new after you send it back and they fix it...

We will normally just pop on a whole new terminal, they cost like $.59

The main reason speaker companies don't like soldering is becuase of the
heat. That goes straight to the voice coil and could melt the glue and cause
the winding to uncoil. As long as you know what you're doing, it's not a
problem. Soldering is the only way I do it.

sanitarium wrote:

Something Ive always wondered... Why does soldering speaker wires to

the
leads void the warranty? Ive always done it this way, but am wondering

what
harm can there be to the speaker?

thanks,
Garrett