Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default OK, now how about cartridges for an RB-250 arm

On May 27, 4:40*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 26, 11:40*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 21, 12:27*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 21, 12:16 am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
Boon recommended an Ortofon.

I didn't see where you already noted my opinion. Still, I'm kind of
excited about the match the 2M Blue and 2M Red make with the Rega P2
and P3.

Honestly, I think you'd have to go with a Dynavector 10X5 to make a
significant improvement. (Dynavectors are fantastic matches for Regas,
but they start at almost $400.) I use the Zu Audio DL-103 on my P3-24,
which is a modded Denon, but you need the heavier counterweight to
make it work right...otherwise you'll have the stock weight all the
way to the back of the arm wand.

I have a line on a new MC-3 Turbo for less than a 2M Blue. Thoughts?

Sorry...I haven't heard that Ortofon. Then again, I haven't heard a
bad Ortofon other than the OM-5s they put on Rega P1s.

The price is right. I think I'll risk it. If the experiment fails I'll
move to a 2M Blue.