Posted to rec.audio.high-end
twilightzonepinball twilightzonepinball is offline

Default New to group with ? Tandberg tuner

Hello, I am new to this group and was wondering of anyone could help
guide me through an upgrade to an old system. In the 80's I assembled
a modest system with a Tandberg 3001 tuner, Revox CD player, Bryston
2B sub amp, Amber 70 series main amp, Energy 22pro speakers, Dahlquist
DQ-LP1 Cross, DQ W1 sub, and NAD preamp. Over the years as things
broke I replaced the Revox with a Pioneer Elite DVD, the NAD with AVA
EC SS preamp, and now since the Tandberg is problematic and doesn't
tune well it is going out soon.
Any thoughts on what tuner to get? I think reception is my top
priority and fidelity soon after that. Not sure I want to spend $$$$,
so anything in the sub $500 zone noteworthy these days? Yes I know
about the Fanfare stuff, just not sure i want to spend the $$$$.

Thanks a ton,

-Tom