Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Headphones to try out under $200? .... and OT - Macca

On 18 Dec 2017, Geoff wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Presumably you haven't been to many rock concerts in the last
decade.....

The past several rock concerts I attended weren't all that super loud.
That doesn't really say anything about the volume of rock concerts in
general, but I guess I'm lucky that the artists I've chosen to see
seemed to strike a good balance between the visceral experience and
physical discomfort or damage. Shows seemed louder in general in the
past. However, I'm sure there are still plenty of live shows that are
unnecessarily loud.

Where I *have* had problems lately are at the movies. I went to a
couple this past year that were just PAINfully, punishingly loud and
shrill, and in fact, the last one I went to, the Blade Runner sequel,
left my ears ringing for a few days and I feel like I may have suffered
some longer-term damage. I will be wearing ear protection to any films
from hear on out, especially big bam boom action movies.