Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Reasonably priced FM Tuner

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 10:59:45 AM UTC-4, Dave wrote:

As far as tuners go, I finally settled in on a Denon TU-1500, was slightl=

y better than a TU-800 in my area. I did not try every tuner ever made, al=
though my wife suspects I did from the number of boxes that came and went.

As it seems that you are at least reasonably sophisticated in your understa=
nding of things-audio, I will withdraw my original caveat against tube tune=
rs and suggest, just for giggles, you obtain a decent Dynaco FM3, bring it =
up to factory spec., go through the alignment process and see how it sounds=
to you. Not the most sensitive unit on the block, nor the most endowed wit=
h features, but hands-down one of the better sounding beasts you might expe=
rience. For the last 25 years, including when we worked overseas, one or an=
other example has been on active duty, even if not on the immediate front l=
ine.=20

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA=20