Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

Default Reasonably priced FM Tuner

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 7:27:12 AM UTC-6, Shaun wrote:
I really doubt that your AVR is using class D for the main speakers, that is
pulse width modulation and requires a filter to remove the carrier frequency
(PWM frequency), it would be a difficult design - if not impossible for a
full range amp. For subwoofers it is fine since they have a limited
frequency range. Usually class D is only used for subs.

Really? Does that mean the several class D amplifiers I now run in my studio
really aren't? Does that mean that even though I have measured them doing
their rated power at 20 kHz while consuming only about 20% more power from the
wall, they really aren't, and Messr. Hewlett and Packard, the nice boys
at Tektronix and Audio Precision are just as fooled as I am?

Sorry, Shaun, but broad-band class-D consumer and professional
audio amplification has been widely available for well over a decade.