Mike Rivers

In article . com writes:

I greatly prefer it to the
Masterlink I own even at the same rates due to the Tascam's ability to
write directly to DVD + RW media.
This avoids the annoyance of having to either keep track of the length
os song files on the masterlink and then if need be edit them before
burning a disc.

I suppose that's reasonable if that's what you need. Usually I tend
not to work in such large chunks but some concert sets occasionally
run longer than a CD.

The Tascam also has a kybd input which makes labelling mixes much much
easier.

How does that work? Is there more to it than just being able to type a
file name? Can you write some text notes that are readable when you
want to read them, and don't get in the way of things like
transferring the file to a mastering workstation?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )