chris

Default Wiring for component "drawers"?

Fix your power blocks to the side of the cabinet and run each units
power cable from the back of the shelf to the block,
its about the only solution that works well.

Chris

"Michael Volow" wrote in message
My four stereo components (tuner, cassette deck, record player, cd

player)
were contained in a two-door under-counter cabinet (similar to a

kitchen
cabinet). For improved access I installed four full-extension

sliding trays
so that the components could be rolled out for use (record player)

or access
to their connections. The trayinstallation went fine.

However the wiring has been a problem. I wanted to have two-outlet

power
strips on each drawer as well as the component wiring. The tuner is

the most
complicated because wiring for power, antenna, 2 speakers, and three
component must all move in and out with the tray. Same for the other

trays
(but fewer wires).

I mistakenly ordered trays that went clear to the back of the

cabinets,
leaving no room for wiring behind the trays. So I currently have the

wiring
running in the space between the tray and the shelf it's mounted to

(about
3/4 inch). It comes up through holes in the tray to the components.

In
addition I could not find any surface-mount short power strips

(other than
surge protectors which have very stiff cords not flexible enough to

move
easily with the tray movement).

Has anyone else attempted this type of installation? And if so, how

have you
solved these problems. Still looking for surface mount outlets. I

know they
used to exist. Thanks in advance.