Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default ARC SP8 too much Gain!

wrote:

Arny......

It appears to be that you are either underequipped, undertrained, or too
timid. If the shoe fits there are probably skilled professionals who can
serve you.

Thanks for your vote of confidence.
With the greatest respect, did you inherit your audio electronics
skills from a long line of engineers?
Unfortunately I'm not so lucky and find I have to learn gradually
through experimentation.

Arnie AH just kroogered you.

He has yet to ever say ONE constructively useful thing
about tubed electronics, and is about as useful a a blowfly.

The change to less gain may change the F response slightly,
and it will be so subtle you won't hear the sound quality change imho,
unless it makes the amp become unstable, and oscillate a bit at
some frequency above the above the audio band.

To check what your'e doing, the tech with the oscilliscope has his
merits.

Patrick Turner.