Mike Rivers

Default REVOX PR99 ?

In article writes:

I big studio has recently closed and the owner has brought me 2 1/4"
Revox PR99 with the monitoring and original rack. I'd paying $200 for
each...which should be cheap for what they are.

Now, the problem is that they both need to be serviced.

What country are you in, or what kind of dollars are these? That's
a pretty ordinary price in the US, assuming you can find a buyer at
all. They're not bad decks, and updated broadcast version of the
venerable A77, but $200 and needing "to be serviced" unless that's
just a head cleaning and alignment seems like too much these days.

Some people have trouble even giving away 1/4" decks. I thought that
was what you were going to say until I got to the part about the $200.
Maybe analog decks are more in demand where you are.

By the way, they come in a variety of speeds and head configurations.
Just be sure you're getting something useful.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )