Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default UCLA study on media bias

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...
With some surprising results.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6664

Read the whole report he
http://www.polisci.ucla.edu/faculty/...dia.Bias.8.htm

Gee, the debunking didn't take long to start:

http://kirghizlight.blogspot.com/200...3566507 79579

Methodologically, it seems rather suspect of me to simply tally
'citations' of 'think tanks' as a measure of bias. No wonder the results
seem a bit screwy. I think this paper will be properly eviscerated within
a few days.

Perhaps, but there seems to be some reason to think it's accurate. Drudge
is a clipping service, his news stories are gathered form other sources.

I doubt that many people are going to argue that Brit Hume's Speical Report
is somewhat right of center.

I don't read the WSJ so I can't comment on their news pages, but I'm fairly
certain their editorials are right of center.

In any case, peer review will be interesting.
--
-S
"The most appealing intuitive argument for atheism is the mindblowing