Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Will home recording kill commercial studios?

On 12/15/2020 8:42 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
There is now a small eternity of Neve 1073 and 1083 modules, many in 500
buss form factor. That's a lot less real estate than a console.

That's obvious, and there's nothing preventing me from adding some to my
console if I want them. But a rack full of 500 series modules doesn't
give me faders and pans, multiple out buses, monitor control, and an
organized work space.

If you want a console, you'll make room for a console. If you use lack
of space as an excuse not to get a console if you want one, then you
don't one badly enough.

That's all.