Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default You Tell 'Em, Arnie!

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 21:34:16 -0700, Scott wrote
(in article ):

On Jul 8, 2:28*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Jul 8, 10:33*am, Scott wrote:

On Jul 8, 3:06*am, Ed Seedhouse wrote:

On Jul 7, 8:07*am, "Walker" wrote:
*new ones. You don't have to believe me and even if you can convince

me with medical devices that it's in my head it's an improved sound and
worth the money.
Bob Walker

Well then I expect soon we will read a newspaper story about how the
JREF foundation has given you a million dollars for proving that you
can hear such differences under blind conditions. *Such a test should
be trivial for you to pass and surely you would not turn down an easy
million dollars?

That's an article that will never be written. JREF are basically
running a shell game with their so called challenge. Any real
demonstration of cables having different sound will ultimately be
disqualified since the cause of such a difference will be within the
laws of physics.

As it should be as most exotic cable manufacturers make claims of
magical properties outside the laws of physics.

the question isn't claims by manufacturers. the question is audible
differences between cables.

And every double-blind test of cables ever made has proven beyond any doubt,
that there is no audible difference between either interconnects or speaker
cables. I don't care if one pair under test is a $4000/pair of 1 meter
Nordost Valhallas and the other is a $3 pair of 1 meter molded throw-away
specials from Radio Shack. Nobody will be able to tell them apart in a
non-sighted comparison.

There are occacionally reasons where cables may make an
audible difference. * High source impedance devices requiring low
capacitance
cables or noise due to ground impedances (ground loops) are two that
quickly come to mind. *But none of these require hi-dollar cables to
address.

According to Ed proving that will get you a million dollars form the
JREF.
I am skeptical that the JREF has actually made such an open challenge.

Don't know about the challenge, but even devices with high source impedances
aren't going to make a difference over a meter or two. There is simply no way
that a coaxial cable can have enough inductance, resistance, or capacitance
to affect an audio signal in any audibly detectable way.