Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Rockinghorse Winner[_3_] Rockinghorse Winner[_3_] is offline

Default You Tell 'Em, Arnie!

While browsing rec.audio.high-end I came across this interesting post by Arny Krueger )
(Possibly *snipped* for brevity):

So then Mr. Walker you did electrical measurements and blind listening
tests, and what did you find?

I ran them for over 100 hours and then switched back to
my old cables expecting to hear nothing different. I had
heard new things in some recordings and the overall bass
seemed tighter and bigger but I attributed it to more
intense listening as I was consciously judging them. I
was surprised and shocked to hear a remarkable
difference with the old cables and the terms of 'open
sound stage' and 'deeper bass' are totally relevant with
the new ones. You don't have to believe me and even if
you can convince me with medical devices that it's in my
head it's an improved sound and worth the money.

Sighted evaluations, no electrical measurements, the usual unsupported
opinion song-and-dance.

Right. A scientific study with a sample of 1, a biased experimenter, no
control sample, unreproducible results, and no environmental controls.
IOW, an anecdote.

*R* *H*
--
The 19th-century clown Joseph Grimaldi, when old and incurably depressed,
visited a doctor. The physician advised him to cheer himself up by seeing