Default Normal Biwiring

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
Well that certainly tips the scale in the favor of the non-believers
now doesn't it? What I am talking about is an answer to the question
asked in real world terms. For instance, if you have a spool of 14ga
wire and use one run to the speakers, when you want to try bi-wiring
you don't run out and get some smaller wire to do that with, you
simply connect another length of the same wire. Two runs of the same
wire is what most people are asking about. When you do that, you halve
the resistance. In applications where longer runs, higher currents are
used into reactive loads then it should be at least a theoretical
advantage. Whether you can hear the difference or not is another
issue. Again, I am not recommending it, just commenting on it without
prejudice.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Remarkably enough, doing what you advocate does not halve the resistance,
except close to the crossover frequency. Outside of that frequency, the
signal must travel through one wire or the other, not both, and therefore
sees no reduction in resistance of the wire. If you short the wires
together at the speaker end you will get a halving of resistance--but then
of course you're no longer biwiring.

Norm Strong