Clyde Slick

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:32:56 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
Clyde Slick wrote:

you don't need the test to do that!

But you do need to properly level match, and you also need
to go the DBT route if the participant has preconceptions
about a favored amp or set of wires sounding superior.

That's the point, it only neuters
one set of preconceotions
And if the person has preconceptions
that they will sound the same, the test WILL NOT
neuter those preconceptions.

DBT tests for audio are actually designed to
provide a biased result of there being no difference.

Bull****. They're used every day by mainstream manufacturers to
determine whether design changes had any *real* audible effect.

Like most of the 'subjectivists', you're ignoring reality to push your
own prejudices, and bitching about ABX because it doesn't support your
fantasising about the sound of 'high-end' equipment.

Fist of all,
For the purposes of my purchase decisions,
any test results derived from other subjects
are completely irrelevant to my decision.
I could not care less what the unknown masses do or do not hear.

Now, as far as DBT and its removal of expectation effects,
for the purposes of audio purchase decisions, a
test subject would tend to have fairly strong preconceptions
about whether there might be inherent differences
between two items

AS far as manufacturer's using DBT in support of
parts or decsign decisions, the test subjets
are likely to have minimal preconcptions
over whatever is being tested.